Training: How to have supportive wellness conversations
✔ What is it? – group training for leaders, managers, university tutors and teachers (10-15 participants)
✔ What is the intended outcome for course participants? – learn how to have mentally healthy conversations and provide Wellness support to colleagues, staff or students
✔ What is the intended outcome for organisations? – improve Wellness outcomes in your organisation
The training format is a 3 to 6 hour session depending on choices made on content. The intended outcome is that course participants will be better equipped to have wellness conversations and to provide support to those who need it. Training covers:
- TALK: Mentally Unhealthy Conversations – a personal story of post traumatic stress and depression, resulting from a child bereavement
- GROUP DISCUSSION: Reaction, Feelings & Responsibility
- TUTORIAL: How our brain handles mental health conversations
- TALK: Mentally Healthy Conversations – a personal story discussed in a way that is more likely to result in support, rather than stigma
- GROUP DISCUSSION: Active Listening & Being Non-Judgemental
- TUTORIAL: Introduction to Coaching
- PRACTICAL EXERCISE: coaching skills
- TUTORIAL: Resilience & Anchoring
- PRACTICAL EXERCISE: coaching to build resilience
Group coaching can confer some considerable benefits in helping people managers, teachers and tutors to spot the signs of mental health problems in their staff. Group coaching is designed to help educate and inform how people can initiate conversations and provide support to those who have mental wellness challenges.
Fees: £750 per day’s training for 10-15 course participants. Multiple sessions available at discounted rates.